Where I tell about how I'm a horse.

I was named horse by John Bennion when we were hiking through England.  Our study abroad group sat on rocks on a hill and waited to be described by our professor, our professor that we loved.  Evelyn McNeill is a horse that takes life by the throat.  Lizzie is a window.  I don't remember the twenty other wonders that surrounded me.  But, I am a horse.

My pregnancies made me so sick I threw my children crackers from the couch and encouraged them to watch one more cartoon on Netflix until daddy came home, and I would think.  I am a horse.  I take life by the throat, and I would call a friend to take care of my children while I laid on the couch.  That is what horses who take life by the throat do.  And sometimes I don't want to work out after being stagnant for a time.  But, a horse doesn't sit around.  Once, or more than once, when I was hiking, I had my baby in a backpack. Then, my two year old little girl gets tired, says, "Carry me Mommy," and I carry her.  Horses can carry two riders without much trouble, especially if they are small riders, which mine currently are.

We bought a house that is a "good investment." This means I have to paint the walls, and scrape popcorn off of ceilings, and learn about caulking, and drilling, and those plastic anchor things that hold up weight in dry-walls, and how to fix gutters outside,and all that is OK, because I take life my the throat and I wouldn't want a beautiful house with everything already perfect and beautiful.  I like to create my own beauty, thank you very much.

I just wish I could figure out how to sleep like a horse.  They can sleep standing up.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depression and Church Attendance

Crying after the Trunk or Treat

God still talks to me