Things I don't like to be late to church over.

My church building gets full quickly.  The pews fill up with large families who are on time, or at least one person is on time to save seats for the other 6 who will be there shortly.  I don't like sitting the the overflow, metal chairs.  Not comfortable.  Bad acoustics.  So many people to watch in front of me, I just... can't... concentrate. Factor in the nursing of the new baby, and the inevitable potty or water breaks from the older children, and I might as well be blind and deaf, and not the cool Helen Keller blind and deaf. In the words of my father,"I hate being late."

I have a particularly naughty two year old.  One of her naughty habits involves twisting the tops off things: nail polish and lip gloss being her favorites, but she also dabbles in baby oil, toothpaste, pens and pencils, and flashlights. My pediatrician says she's mechanically inclined. That's nice.

Today I got her ready for church.  She wore a new turquoise dress with gorgeous tulle flowers on the bottom. I did her hair, three fun little bob buns on the top of her cute little head and two flowers in the middle.  It was a hairstyle with some personality, and she loved it...all morning she loved it. For two hours she loved it. Then I loaded the children in the car to go to church.

She promptly stopped loving it and pulled her rubber bands and flowers out,  hereafter to look like a wild woman.  Golden hair bending over her eyes, twists of hair reaching towards the sun like dandelion horns, two blue flowers in her cute chubby little hands.

And I drove to church. We were on time, and we sat in cushy seats.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression and Church Attendance

Crying after the Trunk or Treat

God still talks to me