Leaping Lizards

In the afternoons I walk up the street to pick up my first grader.  I love going on this walk.  It is uphill.  My five year old who has yet to be in kindergarten hates this walk. She reminds me that she hates it every day.  I should say, every day she reminds me that she hates it.  Either way, she never wants to go.  She would rather do anything else.  I make her go anyway.  It isn't easy to make a five-year-old almost in kindergartner do anything.  I say, "You have to come."

The two year old rides in the front of the double stroller, looking for "Lulie" (Julie is her big first grade sister) and the baby rides in the back.  He never complains about the walk.  He is often my favorite.

Sometimes on the way we see a lizard.  Even less often, the five year old sees the lizard.  She doesn't complain about the lizard.

She marvels at it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression and Church Attendance

Crying after the Trunk or Treat

God still talks to me