Firsts

This weekend Julie and her dad went off on a daddy daughter adventure.  Ian is Julie's best friend.  She loves to talk to her dad, and play games with him.  She thinks he is The Man. They flew, Julie's first flight, in an airplane, to visit her Grandparents in Arizona.  She had Sprite and pretzels on the airplane and was amazed at how the flight attendants could walk on the air. As she looked down at the ground below her she said,"One thing's for sure, we aren't in America anymore."

I experienced life for a few days in my daily routine without my first born baby-my little girl.
It was quiet.  Less laughing, less screaming, less chattering.

Somethings  missing.

I can think of a hundred different ways my life could have gone differently and I wouldn't have that child fighting against the dying of the light at night-struggling not to fall asleep becuase she is afraid she's missing out.

I can imagine life without Julie, but I don't want to

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression and Church Attendance

Crying after the Trunk or Treat

God still talks to me