The Haircut

Recently I had a conversation with my oldest daughter.  She is 7.

"Mom, I am just wondering why I didn't jump off the diving board."

We had gone a a party at a house with a swimming pool. Kids her own age and younger were jumping off the diving board.  Julie had run up to the edge and back of the diving board 7 times or so over the course of the party. She would run to the edge with a donut floaty around her belly, look out at the water, and then run back to safety.

"I would just look down at the water and it looked so big. Like the ocean." She thought her floaties would pop when she hit the water.  I explained to her, even if her floaties popped she would have kicked her legs, and tried to swim. If she had trouble, I would have jumped in and saved her.

"But mom, why weren't the other girls scared?" Well, they had done it before.  They knew what would happen when they hit the water.  They knew they would survive.

I cut my hair. Short.  Sometimes we just have to do something new.

So we know we survive.

Before

After





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depression and Church Attendance

Crying after the Trunk or Treat

God still talks to me