Wild Turkeys and a Stupid Speeding Ticket


Every morning I drive about 30 minutes to work. I drive along a two lane highway. Often I have to pass a gigantic tractor that looks like a Godzilla grasshopper. In the winter sometimes I end up behind a snow plow. Usually, I just drive around 60 mph and see lovely black cows, wheat fields that are yellow and currently resting.  Once, I hit a pretty white bird and it was trapped in the hood of my car. Ew. Before the elementary kids got on the bus, Mrs. Gunderson grabbed the pretty dead bird by it's orange foot and threw it into the trees for me. That was sort of a sad start to the day.

I usually see some bunnies, a pheasant, and at night I see mice scurrying across the road. Once I had to come to a complete stop while three deer stood in the middle of the road. I felt like I narrowly escaped death.


This week has been pretty exciting. Monday morning started with a speeding ticket before I even left town. The officer was very professional as he gave me my ticket.  It looked like he worked out, but I wasn't up for chatting with him. He was sort of the antagonist in this particular setting. He handed me my stupid tan ticket through the window. I said, "I'm not going to say thank you." He said, "I wouldn't either."

Then I moved on my way to get to Potter. Along the way it is a lovely drive. I listened to our local radio station: KSID 98.7. There is a radio expo where a lucky attendee will win $987 dollars. I look out my driver side window, and there are baby cows in the fields. They are so cute, eating their little whatever they eat in the fields beside their mommies.

And sometimes I see wild turkeys. I saw them twice already this week, and the man turkey was on display both times. I always get a little flutter of excitement in my tummy when I see the wild turkeys- like nature is sharing a secret with me. There is this spot on the curve right before I get into Potter where I've seen wild turkeys several times. If there was a good spot to pull over, I would take their pictures. Instead, I stole this one that looks like the male off the internet. He has blue on his head, like my turkey friend.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression and Church Attendance

Crying after the Trunk or Treat

God still talks to me