If I Only Had a Month to Live

My friend asked a question, "If you only had a month to live, what would you do?"

I knew instinctively what I would do,"Eat everything, and hike everywhere."

But, my kids and husband have taken a trip to Arizona to visit the in-laws, and I am working. Teachers, I don't know if most of you know this, don't really get time off during the school year. We get it all in one big sha-bang called Summer Vacation. Anywhoo's, I am bacheloretting it this week.

Oh my gosh, I just said bachelorette. Then I thought of what it would be like if I was having an alcohol-free cocktail party where all kinds of aspiring husbands and children came to my house and tried to get me to be their mother/wife, and I handed out roses. Chris Harrison would be there to make it all seem official and say,"Children, gentlemen, the final rose." Then the kids in their formal dresses and sno-cones (yes, there would for sure be sno-cones) would be crying into the camera about how much they were there for the right reasons, and I just didn't give them a chance. They know I am making a mistake. And, boy would they be right. Six weeks of drama would ensue, I would pick some winners, and we would all be separated within a month.

Ok, back to the question at hand: A month to live.

The things I would eat and where I would eat them:
Reminiscent hikes
Grand Canyon down and back, one day: Raspberry sorbet in sugar waffle cone
Philmont, Tooth of Time: Green Chili Cheese Burger and Fries
Mt. Hellvelyn: Fish and Chips
Bonnie Banks of Lochlomand: Chik-fil-a Ice-cream cone
Mt Timpanogos: Cafe Rio Pork Burrito, smothered

New Hikes:
Something in Hawaii
Something in New Zealand
Something in New England

I would want to eat: Baked Salmon (with butter),  Beef Wellington (I've never had it), and other delicious things wherein if I take one bite and decide it isn't worth my time, I spit it out. All of this, I need to do while moving, because of all the hikes and traveling I need to do to get it all in.

Oh also, I would want to have people with me on my hikes. I would gather together groups of people I've come to love in different stages of life to join me, because all of this hiking and eating would be way better with friends. Ian, of course is coming, and my kids will come as they are able. I'll plan in some easy days for the little ones. They can eat with me, too. Cute little adventurous. Also, I would have a photographer taking pictures of every second. Oh, my brother John has to come to get it all on video. He can edit the footage after I die.

Well, it's a great plan.





Comments

  1. OK. My brother makes a KILLER Beef Wellington. We'll just need to meet in AK when he's here, OR we'll need to meet in Oregon :-) Also. It's worth the work. AMAZEBALLS.
    And seriously, my list is startlingly similar. Hike all the places and eat all the things. With my family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I think I need to come to AK or Oregon. I want to eat the Wellington. I like your list.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depression and Church Attendance

Crying after the Trunk or Treat

God still talks to me