Kittydrama

My cat is gone again.

He goes to the neighbor across the street and two doors down. I don't know her, but she seems nice. I mean, as nice as someone who periodically keeps my cat for a few months can be. 

And I let it happen. Mostly, because I hate conflict. Partly, because I respect the fact that my cat hates my other two cats. Finally, I let it happen because it is kind of funny.  Only a cat would go back and forth between two households like it is nothing. Because cats are finicky.

My friend Cammie sent me an article about a cat who had been lost for two years, and then the cat showed up at the neighbors house. Then, the two families lawyered up and are fighting for custody of the cat. Is the cat old enough to choose?

So my cat will take off for weeks to months at a time and then come waltzing back. We've had him since he was a kitten and he moved with us from New Mexico to Nebraska. When we catch him, we try to Stockholm syndrome him into relating to his captors and never wanting to leave us, but we know it is only time until he returns to the other woman. One day, I will see him out on his lawn, and I will pick him up and bring him home. He will hiss at our two cats. He will hide in my room.

We call him Prince. I wonder what she calls him?
#kittyformerlyknownasPrince

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression and Church Attendance

Crying after the Trunk or Treat

God still talks to me