Evil Genius

I've been feeling lousy for 5 days.  That is a long time.  This is unacceptable.  Every parent knows that children do not stop needing things just because we don't feel well. Tummy troubles. My diet has been limited. I've been tired.  

Today was the day I decided to cure myself with vegetables, and liquids.  Some people might take medicine.  I'm weird. Some people (my husband) might even call me an evil genius. Taking over the tristate area with a vegetable-inator.


How can I torture them?  Vegetables.

Ingredients: kale, cabbage, fresh green beans, fresh mushrooms, carrots, zucchini, potato, white beans from a can, tomato sauce, chicken broth. I put it on a stove until the veggies were edible.

Then I named it Dinner.

I wasn't trying to be an evil genius.  I wasn't even thinking of my family when I made the soup.  That wasn't nice. I was thinking about curing my tummy.  But, since it was all there was, it was what I served them. The husband, the baby, the three little girls.  I didn't even put cheese or ketchup on it.

I did offer saltine crackers.  I'm not a monster. 

Dinner was well...scary. Scary to Ian.




It reminded me of this Big Block Singsong video.  For those of you too afraid to click on that link, it is a short cartoon video about being brave. It is short, and sings at you.  You should click on it. It mentions how eating salad can be scary because so many things can go wrong. But, if you try it, it tastes delicious. Turns out, my little Hornbarger girls ate that soup up and asked for more.

Ian tends to agree with the salad being scary, so he loves that video. (Same one.  Don't click if you've already watched it).  So many things can go wrong.  Like someone may have put ranch dressing, or tomatoes in it. Or, it may not have croutons.  There might be cucumbers, which for Ian, are the vilest offenders of them all. These scenarios are unacceptable, and cause for aversion. Maybe panic. Just a little panic.

The soup was like this.  Full of so many uncomfortable textures, and green things. So many bits of greenage that one bit was pretty much indistinguishable from those bits around it.

He was brave. Very brave, and ate it all. 

And, my tummy still isn't cured. I might just need some medicine.


Comments

  1. The pictures in this post are pure gold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Then I named it dinner." That is hilarious, and totally accurate to the process, right? We get in there, muck around, and then name it dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depression and Church Attendance

Crying after the Trunk or Treat

God still talks to me