GIF Fart

Do you ever have that thing where you are commenting on Facebook or sending someone a message and you mean to write a comment, but somehow, you accidentally put up a GIF, and then you can't figure out how to take that thing down?

It's just there.

It makes no sense in context of the conversation. But there it lingers, with its horrifying visual stench, and people are probably judging you, even through we know everyone GIF's every now and then.

Well, sometimes I have equally ridiculous ideas but nobody sees them. GIF farts in my brain, so to speak. Today I had one.

I was in a YMCA class called "Bodyflow." It's a mix of Thai-chi, Pilates, and yoga. The switch up of movements is great for people who get cranky during workouts. I lose track of the time, and that is fantastic. So, we started making big circles, and then we swept that philosophical sand with our arms. I am so good at sweeping that sand with my fingertips, legs bending down in a semi-squat position. I'm beautiful sweeping the sand off the YMCA floor, my long fingers and arms stretching long. I'm the tallest woman in the room, and there is a a mirror, and I came in late-ish, so I am in the front of the room, and I notice my hair is really fluffy on the top of my head, and maybe I should color my roots.

I am not awesome at being in the moment, thus the NEED for yoga and meditation practice.

Anywhoo...the vibe of the class is "breath in joy" and "connect to the earth." Then, she starts twisting her leg over each other and intertwining her arms in a strange prayer type contortion and tells me we are moving into "Evil pose."

Evil pose? Come again?

Yes, sink down into evil pose, lifting your shoulders.

It feels evil.

I think.

It's eagle. Eagle pose.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression and Church Attendance

Crying after the Trunk or Treat

God still talks to me