My five year old and her boyfriend

My five year old has her best friend over. They are sitting on the couch across from me and they are pretending like they got married and kissed inside a giant slinky and now they are kind and queen of the jungle. I don't know how to feel about this. They didn't ACTUALLY kiss. But, the two of them did make actual kissing sounds with the grown up lion animals they are using to portray themselves. Now they have a baby. They are deciding whether they want to have one or two babies. My daughter is sure she wants two. Despite the innocence, my stomach is doing flips. These are heavy topics for such little people to be discussing. They are such good parents to their babies, which are small white tigers.

I never thought I would have a preschooler with a boyfriend. We have a family policy that boyfriends are for college. But this is the child who has taught me "You know nothing," and "I will do what I want."  She has shown me that life has more possibilities than I ever conceived. Her teaching methods of screaming and whining have not been my favorite, but the lessons stick.

1. Why can't I wear a swimming suit year round?
2. Macaroni and cheese is a breakfast food.
3.Naps are not always necessary.
4.  There is no limit to the amount of time I can hold a baby. 24 hours a day is about right.
5. Doors can and will be unlocked.
6. Art can be found anywhere. Especially if you draw it there.
7.Naps are the enemy.
8. Little hands sneak are made to "sneak fings." This usually happens at night.
9. Brilliance comes with honey-colored hair.
10. Preschool is great except for the naps.

Now, she is showing me what love looks like at 5 years old, and it is adorable.




Comments

  1. where is the photo proof of her boyfriend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How have we not made this happen already? I sense a theme coming on... Her choice in gentlemen suitors is top notch, wouldn't you say?

      Delete
  2. Number 6. I love number 6 the most. She sounds amazing. And intense. And amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depression and Church Attendance

Crying after the Trunk or Treat

God still talks to me