The One about My Badness

Once I ran away, well twice I ran away.
The first time, I was a little girl. I think I was one of the spirited ones. The kind of girl like my current 3rd child. She and I keep things interesting.
I was probably 3 or 4 years old. We lived in the house on Chaco Street in Grants, New Mexico. I could hear my mom in the front yard and I went to find her. I went out the back yard gate. She came through the front house door. 
It must have been summer. The sun was really bright in my eyes, and I was sleepy. I was walking on the sidewalk, and there was a lady watering her lawn. She asked me if I was lost. I didn't think I was lost, I was just looking for my mommy. 
Then I remember being in the front seat of a police car. The police officer was black, he had dark skin and a police man hat. Then I was at the police station. They let me pick any candy out of the vending machine. I chose something I had never had before. It was called "Hot tamales."
I hated my candy choice. When my mom came to get me, all I could think about was how I hated my candy choice. I wanted a new one.
My mom told me not to look for her again. I didn't. 

The second time I was 16 years old. My parents and brothers said something about me I didn't like. They were laughing. I don't remember what they said, but I remember I left the house. I went over to the neighbors lot where they kept old cars. I sat in one of them and fell asleep. Then, I watched as my family called for me, left the house for practices or games or something. Then I went into the house, grabbed a snack, a book, and a blanket and went back to the old car. I read "Anne of Green Gables." I slept in the old car. I went home the next day and started my first times of woman were upon me. And that is the story about when I first met PMS. It was an awkward introduction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression and Church Attendance

Crying after the Trunk or Treat

God still talks to me