Dear Target,


Target, I love you for so many reasons, but this is not a love letter.  This is a "really?" letter.  Like Seth Meyers would write.  But, I don't plan on saying really that many times. I am done saying really.

I love how how you have a dollar area, with fun things that make me spend more money on junk than I had considered possible.  I also think your clothes are cute, which is why I come to shop your clearance racks.

I don't love what you consider "clearance," and yes I care.   30 percent off is not clearance! It is barely even a sale.  It is a sale I wouldn't consider a sale.  30 percent off doesn't convince me to buy anything.   Clearance is not a synonym for sale.  The two words shouldn't be used interchangedly.  I would like to tell you what clearance is.

First, lets start with what a sale is.  The sale is what gets me into the store.  It is what I look at before I go to the clearance rack.

Clearance is the stuff you don't want in your store anymore.  It is the stuff you want out of your store.  You sell if for super cheap, and then you have space for other stuff. Clearance should be at least 50 percent off, but really (I wasn't quite done) should be more like 70 percent off.  Clearance is more than a sale.

I am unipressed with what is currently considered clearance, and I would like you to kindly change your policy.

Sincerely,
Evelyn

Comments

  1. Seriously! I always head straight for the clearance section of the baby/kids, find something awesome, look at the price tag, and am bitterly disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. last time i went to the clearance section I almost laughed out loud at the price tags. p.s. Target...your current color selection for clothes is crappy. I do like the ease of finding my child on the playground when his clothes are bright neon green, unfortunately, glow in the dark colors aren't really appropriate for all occasions. I only mention this because these were the only colors found on the clothes on your so called Clearance Racks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depression and Church Attendance

Crying after the Trunk or Treat

God still talks to me